Friday 12 September 2008



Fr Mark Sumner served as Curate in this Parish from 1982 to 1985. He now ministers in Australia. He wrote recently saying: “The new Walsingham altar looks good. The lamp holder there was actually given to the church by me after I found it at an antique shop on St John's Hill - where it was serving as a holder for a cactus plant! I would greatly appreciate being remembered in prayer there from time to time. I have attached a copy of a postcard of St John's, which I only recently obtained, in case you don't already have a copy in the parish records. Please also give my best wishes to Amy Chaili for her wedding - and also her parents. Amy, of course, was only a little girl when I was there but she may remember me…”
In fact Fr Mark has now sent two pictures of our church which you can see above.

No comments: