Wednesday 5 November 2008

Christina Rees who is doing all she can to have people like me kicked out of the Church of England is very busy (in panic some might say). She wrote to those who signed an online petition supporting the admittance of women to the episcopate. I came to see this letter through the blogs of Fr Steel and massinformation. Both blogs place the texts and their (excellent in my opinion) comments.
I am very tempted to put here the letter and my comments but as the bishop of Beverley told us at the FiF assembly frustration and anger lead to spiritual death; and so I shall refrain.
What I must say is that her letter betrays the aggressiveness of those who think like her (and who I believe are not many) towards us. They need to listen: A CODE OF PRACTICE WILL NOT DO! If someone will be legislating for us they need to understand us; and there is some sliver of hope now that the House of Bishops is listening…and understanding that they are loosing control on the CofE.
This aggressiveness I have seen again this afternoon when I received a letter from some canon who describes himself as chairman of those who support heretical innovations in this diocese. He asks me to send some people from my congregation to one of their meetings, “even though I know you are a Forward in Faith parish.” Well, dear canon, I like to work in collaboration even with those I disagree with, however you have shown no love towards me and so many others like me; you want us out of our church, you want us even homeless as long as you can get what you want at all costs. If you want any sort of collaboration, say sorry, make amends and then write to me again.
All this makes me realise that in our fight for the Gospel we need to stand up and at all costs avoid diverting our eyes. In prayer, faith and joy we need to remain faithful to Jesus and his Church.

Stand up, stand up, for Jesus,
ye soldiers of the cross;
lift high his royal banner,
it must not suffer loss:
from victory unto victory
his army shall he lead,
till every foe is vanquished
and Christ is Lord indeed.

No comments: