Tuesday 7 April 2009

Chrism Mass


I have just arrived back from the Chrism Mass led by the Bishop of Fulham for those parishes and priests that look to his Episcopal ministry.
A packed Christ the King Gordon Square supported us priests and our bishop as we renewed our priestly vows we took on the day of our ordination.
In a very significant homily Bishop John explored that we are priests of Jesus Christ and that in us continues the role of Jesus as Shepherd, Prophet and Priest to which Bishop John rightly added the fourth attribute of Pastor as exploring further the ministry of being shepherds. I found it highly meaningful leaving the church with the newly blessed holy oils which we use in our pastoral ministry of building up the people of God into a Holy, Learning and Loving People.
It was also very meaningful to be amidst so many priests and supported by a great crowd. My thanks to God for this moving experience in Holy Week and to all those who made this morning such a joyful celebration. In his homily the bishop mentioned the book by the Holy Father called Priests of Jesus Christ. I think I know what my post Easter reading is going to be.

No comments: