Saturday 27 November 2010

Expecting Advent

Over my three years in this Parish I have distributed hundreds of Miraculous Medals. From patients in hospital, to pupils at schools and even to a Buddhist Monk as we exchanged holy gifts. The medal, I say to all, is not about magic but a reminder of our trust in God, a reminder that we are cherished, loved and looked after by God and also surrounded by the prayers of Mary. When I walk around the parish people stop me to ask for these medals for members of their family. So it was with joy that I celebrated the Mass in honour of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal as I prayed for all those who have received one in the last three years. As we stand on the threshold of Advent let us join Mary and fulfil in us the will of God.

God of love and mercy,
help us to follow the example of Mary,
always ready to do your will.
At the message of an angel
she welcomed your eternal Son
and, filled with the light of your Spirit,
she became the temple of your Word,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen

2 comments:

Old Parson said...

Father, from where do you get your supply of Miraculous Medals?

Fr Ivan D Aquilina said...

Try:
www.amm.org