Wednesday 7 May 2008


I am trying to recover from a 24hr visit to Walsingham. Traffic on both ways but always worth the effort. Yesterday I had some time to be alone in the Holy House and say my prayers, all the readers of this blog remembered too. The visit to Walsingham also gave me time to meet friends who hold Walsingham to heart and it was a joy to share their generous hospitality. The Priest Administrator has recently announced that he will be moving to pastures new. I am really grateful for his time in Walsingham and all his hard work, please hold him in your prayers and the (fortunate) people of Old St Pancras Team Ministry in London who will have him as their Team Rector. I was introduced to Br Maximillian one of the two Franciscans who have just moved to Walsingham. It was a delight to meet him; I pray that their new ministry will be joyful and fruitful.

I arrived back in Sevenoaks for an SSC Chapter in Swanley. After the concelebrated Mass we repaired to the Vicarage for a lunch and a talk about the Mission to the Seafarers.

Back home to answer correspondence and make preparations for the feast day of Our Lady of Greatness tomorrow (poster above). After Vespers tonight I will have the privilege to assist a couple in giving thanks to God for twenty years of Marriage and then a Standing Ctte. Meeting at the Vicarage. As they say: “No rest for the wicked!”

I will update about the Feast Day of Our Lady of Greatness tomorrow where after the evening service we shall meet the French choir who will be giving a concert in church on Saturday and hopefully join us for the Mass on Sunday.

PS. Pictures of the Society of Mary Devotions last Saturday are now available on: www.societyofmary.net/gallery.htm

No comments: