Wednesday 9 July 2008

Statement from the Bishop of Fulham


John, our bishop, has issued the following statement:



The vote in General Synod on the proposal for Women Bishops will have been a real shock to many in our parishes. This is not the time for rapid decision but rather to take counsel together. I will be calling a Lay Assembly in the Autumn so that together we can look at this matter as well as the implications of the Lambeth Conference. Be assured of my determination to continue to seek a common way forward for all of us and my commitment to our common life. I know many were shocked by the intolerance demonstrated by the majority towards our parishes. I was encouraged by the support of both Archbishops. As we take counsel together we need to pray for the Church.

Every Blessing,
+John Fulham

No comments: